COVID 19 Updates
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have had to shut down in-store operations--including phone consultation, home delivery, and curbside pick-up, through April 7. We have been SO amazed and gratified by the orders we've received since having to close for walk-in business. If you've placed an order within the past week, you should either be receiving it in the mail in the next few days, or getting a communication from someone on staff about its status. If the status of your order appears unresolved by Friday, March 26, please send us an email at email@example.com so a staffer can check into it.
Obviously, these are tough times for everyone. We are very grateful that, because we are a small staff with a smaller total payroll than many larger bookstores--and a very supportive community--we can hope to keep the staff employed while we try to ride this crisis out. One of the few silver linings in this otherwise bleak new Stay Home landscape is that bookish people who complain about never having enough time to read now actually DO have more time to read. And we're a breed of people who tend to seek comfort, inspiration, escape, and practical solutions from books. So when we say that we're going to need your continuing support to ride the crisis out, we hope that's a mutually beneficial arrangement, and that we can continue to provide you with the literary cure for what ails you.
If you want to continue to support the store in the coming days, there are a few things you can still do:
1. You can continue to place orders on our website at www.bookendsandbeginnings.com for items that can be shipped to you directly from our warehouse, without requiring in-store processing.
2. You can purchase gift certificates on our website. We offer two different options. Online gift cards can be sent digitally and used ONLY FOR ONLINE ORDERING. They cannot be redeemed in-person inside the store. You can also purchase our in-store gift certificate online and it will be mailed out to you or your designated recipient. This one can be used ONLY FOR IN-STORE PURCHASES. Obviously, these can’t be used till Better Times Return—but they will help us maintain current cash flow.
3. If you’re looking for audiobooks right now, consider getting them from Libro.fm, the audiobook provider that partners with independent bookstores. Right now, they have a special offer that provides extra support to their indie partners:
- When you start a membership with code SHOPBOOKSTORESNOW, you’ll get two audiobooks for the price of one ($14.99), and 100% of your payment will go to your local bookstore. Start a membership
- You can purchase a one-month audiobook gift membership for $15 and 100% of your purchase will go to your bookstore. Gift a One-Month Membership
4.Share our website and social media with friends & family who may be looking to order books and other diversionary materials during this time of social isolation and quarantine.
Again, thanks SO much for continuing to support us at a time that we know is also very difficult for you. We hope you’re staying well and strong, and we look forward to seeing you again in the store when this is all over.